Diversity II - Supporting the Convention on Biological Diversity
Final products available
- Get free Diversity II product access
- Download the Product User Handbook
- Download final products (single file or bulk download)
- Explore Dryland booklets
- Read Inland waters biodiversity stories
- View Diversity II product examples in a WebGIS
The Diversity II project contributes to the work of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) by assessing biological diversity in two important ecosystems of the Earth, Inland Waters and Drylands using satellite data. The work is carried out in close collaboration with the User Communities.
- Link biodiversity users and Earth Observation experts
- Selection of best algorithms
- Software and production
- Communication and product dissemination
- Preparing the future
Global assessment of the availability of freshwater water and of its quality with the provision of key observations over a number of large perennial inland waters.
Assessment of the status and trends of the biological diversity in dry and sub-humid lands with the provision of global observations on land productivity and land conditions, over a large part of the drylands.
~10 000 000 km² drylands